Resources and Documentation
Grade EntryHere are the instructions on how to enter midterm and final grades. If you do not know your Portal username and/or PIN, please call ITS Help Desk at 304-293-4444.
Standards for Records Retention and DisposalThis document references items stored in a hard copy format (paper). Data entered into the student information system is held in perpetuity.
Please email OUR for training schedule and registration.
OUR and Ellucian Documentation
- Introduction to Banner Power Point
- Introduction to Banner Hand Out
- Getting Started Guide
- Banner Electronic Gradebook Instructions
- Adding and Removing Term Pin Instructions
Student Systems Management Documentation
Banner Document Management (BDM)
Catalog Management (CMS)
Download the Catalog Editing Manual and Style Guide.
Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM)
The CIM software system takes the course and program approval process online. Customized forms are used to streamline the process, workflow is pre-populated for effective approval routing, and users can track the progress of proposals in the system at anytime. Banner course data, the CIM system, and the academic catalogs work together to ensure all catalogs are updated with approved course and program data. Because all three systems are integrated, users can easily identify all impacted courses across a proposed change, and all changes are tracked in the system.
CIM Courses instructions will provide information for faculty members submitting and/or reviewing the following:
- Propose new courses
- Make course alterations
- Make course changes
- Add a GEC, Writing, or Capstone attribute to a course
- Complete an audit for a GEC or Writing course
CIM Courses nstructions will provide information for faculty members submitting and/or reviewing the following:
- Propose a new major (associated with a new or existing degree designation and/or degree program)
- Propose a new minor
- Propose a new Area of Emphasis
- Make a change to an existing program
- Deactivate a program