Graduation & Diploma
Deadlines to Apply For Graduation
Application Opens: August 24, 2021
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Degree Posting: Early to Mid Jan.
Application Opens: January 18, 2022
Application Deadline: March 11, 2022
Degree Posting: Mid to Late May
Application Opens: May 24, 2022
Application Deadline: July 8, 2022
Degree Posting: Mid to Late August
Note: Students must apply during the term they intend to graduate. Find additional commencement information here.
How to Apply
You'll need to provide a mailing address for your diploma/certificate before you start the application process.
- Go to the portal and click on the STAR Tab
- Sign in using your username and password
- Click on the link “Student Services and Housing”
- Click “Student Records”
- Click “Apply to graduate”
Important: For the curriculum term selection on the first page of the application: select the most recent term in the drop down menu that is available to you (this will be different for every student, please note: this is NOT asking you for the term in which you are graduating or the term in which you started the program, this is simply the last time there was a curriculum/administrative update to your record.)
Please have all the information ready before you start the application process. If you are unsure, contact your graduate advisor.
- Dissertation Title (Editing your dissertation title in the ETD Database will not update it in the BANNER system. Please notify the Registrar’s Office Graduation unit with any updates to your title after submitting your application as it is essential that the two databases match.)
- Names of Dissertation Committee Members