Skip to main content
  • Home
  • Academic Records

Academic Records

Academic Progress

Dean's and President's List

Outstanding undergraduate academic achievement is recognized by awarding President's List and Dean's List status to students who obtain a 4.0 GPA or 3.5 GPA, respectively. Only the highest honor is awarded, and it will be noted on the transcript. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours of graded courses to be eligible for such recognition with no grades of I (incomplete) or NR (not reported). Courses completed with a grade of P, S, or X are excluded from the calculation of credit hours for President's List and Dean's List.

View List


Annually, WVU informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. This Act, with which the University intends to comply fully, was designed to protect the privacy of education records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings.

Learn more about FERPA

Update Address and Emergency Contacts

Students can update their address and emergency contacts via the WVU Portal. (Click on the "Personal Information" after signed in.)

Enrollment/Degree Verification

Verification can be completed when students log in WVU Portal. Follow the instructions.

How do I print my good student discount certificate?

Students can log into the National Student Clearinghouse website and print the good student discount certificate by following these steps:

  1. Log into the WVU Portal.

  2. Click on the STAR link.

  3. Click Student Services & Housing.

  4. Click Registration or Student Records.

  5. Click Request NSC Enrollment or Good Student Discount Verification.

  6. Click Go to National Clearinghouse Site. You should now be directed to the National Student Clearinghouse website. Review the options and make your selection. After your selection has been made, print.

Student who do not know their Login information should contact the ITS Service Desk at 304-293-4444.

Parents do not have access to this information in the Parent-Guest Portal. The student must request the verification form.

Error messages 

If you are receiving an error after requesting an enrollment verification, please email the Office of the University Registrar at to request a verification of enrollment. The Office of the University Registrar can check the NSC Database to make sure your information is loaded and then send you the information.