Web Registration Information
Web Registration Instructions
1. Point your browser to http://www.mix.wvu.edu
2. You will see the “Mountaineer Information Xpress” with the MIX Login Screen
3. Enter your Username and Password.
4. Click “OK”
5. On the next page, click on the STAR tab at top of page
6. Click on “Click here to enter STAR”
7. Click on the “Student Services & Housing” link
8. If the Security Information box pops up, click “Yes”. You are now connected to STAR
9. Click on the “Registration” link
10. Click on “Add or Drop Classes”
11. From the pull down window select term.
12. Click on “Submit”
13. At bottom of page click on “Class Search” button
14. At “Subject” field select Subject from the menu by using the scroll bar. When subject appears place pointer on subject and click to hi-lite.
15. At “Course Number” field type course number
16. At “Title” field leave blank
17. At “Schedule Type” select “All”
18. At “Credit Range” field leave blank
19. At “Campus” field click on “WVU Campus Course”
20. At “Part of Term” field leave as “All”
21. At “Instructor” field leave as “All”
22. At “Start Time” field leave at default
23. Click on the “Class Search” button at the bottom
24. If the class is open, click pointer in the box on the left side of the page under the “Select” heading
25. Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the page. If no error messages are received, you are now registered
26. To review your schedule click on the “Student Services & Housing” tab at the top of the page
27. Click on the “Registration” link
28. Click on “Concise Student Schedule”
29. If you have selected courses that have variable credits or multiple grading modes available, (i.e. pass/fail, audit) you can make changes by choosing the “Change Class Options” link
30. Remember once you have completed registration, close your browser to protect your privacy
31. If you are in STAR longer than 20 minutes, MIX will time-out due to inactivity on the MIX pages.
Checking Grades via the WEB:
1. Point your browser to http://www.mix.wvu.edu/
2. You will see the “Mountaineer Xpress” window with the MIX Login Screen
3. Enter your Username and Password. If your MIX account is email@example.com, then your Username is jdoe. If you were admitted to the University after July 11, 2004 your password is your 2-digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your WVU ID.
If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your password is your 2-digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (unless you changed it). For example, if your date of birth is May 3, 1974 and your Social Security Number is 123-45-6789, then your password is 036789.
4. Click “OK”
5. On the next page, click the STAR tab on the top.
6. Click the WVU STAR Information System link.
7. Click on ‘Student Services and Financial Aid’.
8. Select ‘Student Records’ link.
9. Select desired link to check grades.